Science was founded in 1887 by Nona Lovell Brooks, Aletha
Brooks, and Fannie Brooks James. During the early years,
while practicing the principle of the Omnipresence of
God, they became acquainted with Malinda Cramer, who
lived in San Francisco. They discovered that she was
working along the same lines of Truth. This brought
together two closely related streams of thought and
in 1898, the Divine Science College in Denver was incorporated
to train teachers and practitioners, organize churches,
and ordain ministers.
Dr. Grace L. Faus came to Washington, D.C. and began
the first study class in the teachings and principle
of Divine Science. In 1956, the present site became
the location for Divine Science teaching in the Washington
area. Our church is currently served by a group of Ministers
and Practitioners, following many years of service by
Dr. Al G. Salazar, our Minister Emeritus.
are several other Divine Science churches and study
groups in other parts of the country and in other countries.
These may be located on the Divine Science Federation